Monday, May 16, 2005

Zipper Fence, etc.


The blog is looking sort of dull, so here's a picture. As you can see, it's a zipper. And a fence. It's a Zipper Fence. Just down the street from my apartment. Built just for fun--for just $8,000. That's so typical of Stanford. Wonderfully whimsical, and totally rich.

By the way, I saw another Miyazaki movie last weekend. Nausicaa, from 1984 or thereabouts. It's really bad. The soundtrack is lousy, the dialogue is crappy, and the protagonist, Nausicaa, has a name that sounds sort of like nausea. It also sounds like Nautica, which reminds me of the sea--and seasickness, and nausea. Vomit any way you look at it.

I also saw Bad Education, a film by Almodovar, the Spanish director whose work I consistently like. All About My Mother was a fantastic movie, and Talk to Her was also solid. Bad Education didn't disappoint. Unless you have a problem with gay people or obscenity (there's plenty of both), I recommend it to you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i don't have a particular problem with obscenity, it being so subjective and all.
and, i have gay friends whom i have problems with, although, not because of their gayness.
now, obscene gay people or gay obscene people...

Anonymous said...

thats a pretty cool fence!

Anonymous said...

I so enjoyed our visit to the fence and our chat with the nice lady who had it put on her property.

Mama

Anonymous said...

have you seen women on the verge of a nervous breakdown? that was my favorite of his, although all about my mother was amazing too.