Wednesday, June 22, 2005

iExcitement

I got a new computer today. It has, among other things, the capability to burn DVDs. Thanks, graduation-gift-givers! Just in the nick of time, too. My old laptop has been crashing a lot lately, and I spent at least an hour on online chat with HP support this afternoon. Boo.

So, the new computer is an iBook. 14" screen, definitely much lighter than the 15" HP I've been using. 1.33 GHz processor (whatever that means), 256 MB of RAM, 60 G hard drive. It has twice as much storage space as my old laptop. But it's about the same speed. Maybe I'll go to Best Buy or something and pick up some more RAM this weekend. It would be really nice to have a faster machine to deal with photos and stuff.

I'm still figuring out a lot of conversions from PC to Mac, and I'm not happy about that. I was pretty satisfied with the way my PC handled itself, besides all the crashing. Clearly, I have a ways to go before I can join the die-hard Mac fan club. One thing that is really cool, though, is this game that came with the computer. It's called "Nanosaur 2: The Hatchling." The year is 4022. Humans long ago took dinosaur DNA and created some super-smart dinosaurs, but then humans went extinct, and the dinosaur gene pool was suffering from serious inbreeding, so the super-smart dinosaurs sent one of their own back in time to gather eggs that could then be hatched in the future. The graphics are crazy; apparently, if you have 3D glasses, you can play in 3D.

No comments: