Thursday, August 02, 2007

Bob Loblaw

Have you ever seen Arrested Development? It ran on Fox for something like three seasons. I saw it on DVD from Netflix (which, by the way, just lowered my subscription price?!??). There's a character named Bob Loblaw; he's an attorney. At some point in the show, he mentions his online journal: Bob Loblaw's Law Blog. This is hard to say out loud; go on, try it! It cracks me up.

The other title for this post would be, "Blah blah blah."

I made some cosmetic changes to the blog. I don't like the name sfmeetschicago. It doesn't seem appropriate for me to personify SF now, if it ever did; plus, a lot of what I blog about is travel-related, so the old title is geographically insufficient. The website is still the same, http://sfmeetschicago.blogspot.com, but now when you visit, you'll be greeted with, "Hello Again!" I could change that later, too. You never know. You'll just have to keep visiting.

I updated the links as well to include my homepage, The Hunger Site. I don't mean to be proselytizing. I just figure I may as well go to this website whenever I remember; it's so easy. And if it's my homepage, I think it should be linked to my blog. It's a click-to-donate site; for every click, an advertiser helps fund the donation of 1.1 cups of food for starving tigers. No, wait, I'm mixing it up with The Animal Rescue Site ... crap. They also sell things, with a portion of the proceeds going to bob loblaw. I got a nice fleece vest there. I wear it all the time. One time, I even let one of my kids wear it. She was cold and I wasn't letting her go to her locker at the moment. And I'm always too hot in the classroom. All those bodies.

I also added Knitty's website and took off Chihuly. He makes cool-looking stuff, it's true, but who needs a permanent link like that. I feel like he should be paying me. Knitty, on the other hand, publishes a quarterly online magazine, for free, with patterns and features and a searchable archive. I just found this pattern for a blanket originally knit by Lou Henry Hoover! It comes with a bit of history about the First Lady, too.

Uh, that's all. I can't wait to get back to Chicago. I am tired of sightseeing. I miss my refrigerator.

6 comments:

Mary said...

Hello, hello again. After you're tired of not traveling and you are visiting Iowa sometime, we can visit the Hoover Library and Museum in West Branch. Maybe we can see Lee Hoover's blanket, or the letter where she describes the pattern. I've been in the archives of the Hoover Library a couple of times.
I can related to wanting to be back in the comforts of home, and especially home cooking. I was only away for 9 days, and cooked for myself in an electric fondue pot many of the days in the room I was renting. But, it's not the same as having all the conveniences, not to mention the potential variety, of home.

Nicole said...

Tired of not traveling?? I can't imagine! Actually, it probably won't be very long. How far is the Hoover Library from where you are?

As for home cooking, I really wanted to get some last night, but I couldn't get myself to go to the grocery store. But today is a new day! After yoga, I'm going to buy produce. Last night's dinner did include tofu, though, and that was pretty exciting. My first tofu for a month!

Anonymous said...

hi nicole,
welcome back. i thought you had to be at least 30+ years old to become weary of being a rolling stone.
i always felt you had an old soul.
at any rate, i tried saying bob loblaws's law blog out loud, and i came up with yada, yada, yada.
go figure.
hoponpop
p.s. hi mary

Nicole said...

hi dad. i think i have kind of an old soul, too--i'm not sure what that means conventionally, but i guess i think of my affinity for planning ahead and not taking risks, and i guess i'm kind of a homey person ... i like my nest and don't go out a lot to party. but when i do go out, i tend to go far, which i suppose leaves some with the impression that i'm an adventurer, which is really not how i think of myself!

yada yada yada ... very funny.

happy almost birthday, dad!

Anonymous said...

i can has tofu?

Nicole said...

wow! i really don't know who that anonymous person is ...

i'd take tofu over a cheezburger any day!