Tuesday, September 11, 2007

More Birthdays

I think fall is a great time for birthdays. Happy Belated Birthday to Uncle Don! Happy soon-to-be-five Ian!! ... am I counting right?? Is he really going to be 5?? Ian?? Send me a picture of Nola, so I can put her happy doggy face on the blog! And of course, Matthew. How are you, anyway? Have you moved back up from SoCal?

And the biggest news ... [drum roll, please] ... I am an aunt! Again! I hope I get to meet the new nephews soon. Before they start kindergarten, let's say. One of them lives in Hong Kong, the other in Australia. Well, congratulations, Timothy, on being born!!

I am moving my own birthday to October. September 28 happens to be a busy day this year. I'm taking control of the situation not by skipping any of my engagements, but rather by relocating my birthday. Not the celebrations, the birthday itself. This year, I will be born on a date that is more popular anyway: October 2. It'll still be a work day, so the celebrations will still be limited, but I'll at least get to share a mental birthday, if not an actual party, with Candice and Anthony.

I guess that probably seems silly to you, but I won't be mad on the 28th when I have to spend the day in meetings and the evening schmoozing with historians.

Fall is almost here!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi nicolita,
i've been late wishing significant people happy birthdays.
and, it seeems the more significant the more belated my wish. you're pretty significant, and i didn't want to be late. so, HAPPY (before your) BIRTHDAY, with crumpets and all.
how did you learn about the arrival of your nephew timothy before i did? i just learned of it this past weekend. according to your blog, you wrote about it before timothy was born (your blog is dated sept. 11 and tiny tim was borned on the 12th).
i guess that call for a drum roll (by the way what numbers should i be buying for tomorrow's lotto).
si se pude.
all for now.
hoponpop

Patrick Iber said...

at least you're not turning 80 like some schmooze inducing historians relevant to this posting.

happy birthday to everybody!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the birthday shout out! haha. you have changed your birthday to a wonderful day and anthony and i are honored to let you share it with us =) while youre sitting through a bunch of meetings, ill be taking a midterm on mine! take care

love,
candice

jorge said...

Hi Nicole, My name is Jorge Aramburu, I am the publisher of the book on Guatemala "Tejiendo las Huellas" or Weaving the footprints" with poet writer Humberto Ak'abal. I was happily surprised to read an article of yours sometime in August last year where you point out my book as the book of the month. Just for you to know that I came across your blog.
I don't have much time at the moment but my e-mail is: jorgearamburu@gmail.com
Take care

Nicole said...

wow! i feel so embarrassed that my humble blog would come to the attention of such a wonderful photographer.

well, folks, if you get a chance, i heartily suggest that you look up this book.