Sunday, October 14, 2007

New Knitting



Here are some pictures of my August-September knitting project. It's the biggest piece I have ever actually finished. :) And it might not be finished. Lots of people have suggested that I add a few more hexagons to make it a dress that could be worn without pants. I haven't reached a verdict on that. It is knit in elann.com's Lara, 100% gassed cotton (I think the gassing somehow gives it a silky sheen?), color Brick. The pattern is from Knitting Nature, by Norah Gaughan. I modified the back by adding crisscross straps instead of another half-hexagon, and I made it longer, and I also gave it waist-shaping as kelp! suggested.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi nicole,
that's some fancy knitting. amazing to see you progress from little table coasters, to table leg socks and now, this.
are those pouches on the side?
i like the idea of extending it into a dress. but then the knit is kinda holey--so, will modesty dictate a camilsole and/or slip?
just, hoponpop

Nicole said...

no pouches, just the texture of the knit. i would wear something under if i dressed it up.

Zaz said...

hello :)
i came here following your link from knitting nature. did you want to have your picture posted there? i wanted to and tried to email twice but did not get any answer.
i do love the idea that you may lengthen this into a dress.
you are very lean and it would look so good on you.
how did you go on about the waist shaping if i may ask?
i knit the hexagon scarf and the asymetrical cardi which i offered to mom for christmas. i hope she does the sewing fast so i can have a photo to post on my blog.
i don't usually post stuff there i've copied, but it will have a title to say i copied it.

do visit my blog and leave me a note on how you did the shaping, thank you very much and great job.