Thursday, May 12, 2005

Allstar



Went to watch the AAA high school baseball championship at SBC Park yesterday. My cousin, Mike Eng (he also likes to go by "allstar" and "stud"), plays for Washington. He is pictured above in action, and below waiting for the game to start (#10). I think this particular pitch resulted in a foul ball that basically went right to my uncle--but a girl beat him to it. (At least he didn't get hit in the face, like that one kid.)

Good times. Wash lost 6-12, but the team is pretty young this year and should be really awesome next year. (The Enger himself is a junior.) I came away with a new appreciation for high school athletics. Those pitchers work really hard; the starter (Kenny Hwee) must've pitched over 100 balls before he got pulled out, and then he had to play catcher. Geez!

One thing I wish is that the concessions would've stayed open later. I got sooo hungry ...

Anyway. Thanks Mike, good game.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you sure that picture on the top of this entry is michael??? he doenst look as thin as mike does. hrmmm

Nicole said...

Yeah, it really is Mike! He's the only one I took pictures of. Besides Patrick's stitches (from the gum surgery), but I'm not posting those because I don't want to gross you guys out. If you're interested, though, I could email them to you ... ;)