Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Oh, I Know ...

what I wanted to write about earlier.

I had lunch today with Julian, who was in the STEP math cohort with me. It was very, very strange to think that this was some kind of goodbye. I'm still in total denial that the people I know best will be far away for years to come. I really didn't say goodbye properly; as our paths forked, I called out, "See ya, Julian," as though it were September, when we saw each other practically every day in class and STEP was just beginning.

On the one hand, I hope that modern technology--email, telephone, blogs--will make the distance seem short. But on the other, I don't completely trust those things, and I have a weird sense that I'm robbing everyone of sincere moments in which I feel and express my appreciation of our relationships.

So if you see me between now and July, don't let me do that to you! I don't know how to say goodbye, though, so you'll have to teach me ...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hope everything went well at the dentist and that youre tooth isnt too bad.

Nicole said...

Yeah, it's ok. ;) Hey, when are you and your mom planning to look for that apartment?

Anonymous said...

we just went down today to san jose, ill be moving somewhere on campus, hopefully. let me know when you're back to see if you have any furniture that i could use. thanks!