Friday, August 31, 2007

First Weeks of School

I just finished my first week of classes for the 2007-08 school year. Wow, 2008! Anyway, it's been good. The week before last was Orientation; we took the girls on a "camping" trip. There were lots of outdoor activities, and lots of bugs--but we slept on bunk beds indoors, with mattresses that prompted one girl to write that she was sad to go home since the camp beds were so comfortable. That has to be a first. I wonder what the poor thing normally sleeps on.

I have really enjoyed this last week. My two math classes have their issues, but these girls are so much better at working together than any group I've ever had. Or maybe it's just that it's Week 1 and they aren't tired of each other yet. I have other things to say, but due to a web-use survey that my 7th graders just administered, I'm getting paranoid about being found. By them. I'm not worried that they'll find out about my personal life, more that their feelings will be hurt if they see that I make fun of them to my friends.

It's dinner time!

No comments: